Hotter, Spicier Cheez-ItsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
This is my evolution of the Chex Mix — finally I just gave up on adding Chex at all and went with all Cheez-Its crackers. Please stay with the varieties of Cheez-Its that are original or based off of the original. The lighter color ones (Jack Cheese, Pizza flavor, etc.) and the ridged ones do not hold up and just fall apart in the oven.
11-14oz box of Cheez-Its, preferably Extra Big or Original
1/2 cup Valentina or Valentina XXHot (Black Label) Hot Sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Set oven to 250 degrees
- Place 1/4 cup of unsalted butter on a sheet pan in the oven to melt as the oven warms up.
- Add other ingredients, except the Cheez-Its, in a large non-reactive bowl and mix.
- When butter is melted, add to the spices in the bowl and mix well.
- Once fully mixed, add in the ingredients and stir to coat all crackers — trying not to be too rough and have the crackers break.
- Spread evenly on the sheet pan and put in the oven to cook.
- After 45 minutes, stir / flip the crackers to allow better drying.
- Once the crackers are fully dry, 30-60 minutes after stirring, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- These are absolutely amazing in tomato soup. Amazing.