“Flamin’ Not” – Flamin’ Hot Style Popcorn SpiceCourse: SnacksCuisine: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
There’s something about Flamin’ Hot spice that is so good on so many things. The combo of spicy heat, spike from the vinegar/acid, and the smooth lusciousness of the cheese. I like it on so many things — vegetable, mashed potatoes, any and all snacks. Popcorn really shines though.
I keep a tube of this in my pocket whenever heading to the movie theater. It’s amazing but makes your fingers a very bright orange. Carry wet naps with you too or swap out the yellow cheddar powder for white cheddar powder and skip the annatto.
- Add all ingredients to a container with a lid and shake well to combine.
- Sprinkle on popcorn
- Wonder how you ever ate popcorn without this
- This is a very spicy version of a Flamin’ Hot spice blend — replace the habanero with any other Chile variety, perhaps an Ancho powder or split the Habanero with a Sweet Paprika to tone it down. Or just reduce the amount.
- Or if you are insane, add a couple dashes of Ghost Chile Powder.
- This recipe scales up and down well — I usually make 3x or 5x this size as it doesn’t last long.