“Flamin’ Not” – Flamin’ Hot Style Popcorn SpiceCourse: SnacksCuisine: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
There’s something about Flamin’ Hot spice that is so good on so many things. The combo of spicy heat, spike from the vinegar/acid, and the smooth lusciousness of the cheese. I like it on so many things — vegetable, mashed potatoes, any and all snacks. Popcorn really shines though.
I keep a tube of this in my pocket whenever heading to the movie theater. It’s amazing but makes your fingers a very bright orange. Carry wet naps with you too or swap out the yellow cheddar powder for white cheddar powder and skip the annatto.
4g Salt (ground fine, if possible)
2g Powdered Sugar (optional)
1g Onion Powder
3g Annatto Powder (very optional, mainly for color)
1g Ajinomoto Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a container with a lid and shake well to combine.
- Sprinkle on popcorn
- Wonder how you ever ate popcorn without this
- This is a very spicy version of a Flamin’ Hot spice blend — replace the habanero with any other Chile variety, perhaps an Ancho powder or split the Habanero with a Sweet Paprika to tone it down. Or just reduce the amount.
- Or if you are insane, add a couple dashes of Ghost Chile Powder.
- This recipe scales up and down well — I usually make 3x or 5x this size as it doesn’t last long.