Portland is often considered one of the best beer cities in the world, and for good reason. The city has a thriving craft beer scene, with over 70 breweries within the city limits and many more in the surrounding area. Portland is home to some of the most innovative and respected breweries in the world, and the city is known for its experimental and diverse range of beers.
In addition to its many breweries, Portland is also home to a number of beer festivals and events, including the Portland International Beer Festival, the Oregon Brewers Festival, and the Portland Beer and Cheese Fest. The city is also home to a number of beer-centric bars and pubs, making it easy to find great beer no matter where you are.
Overall, Portland’s reputation as a beer city is well-deserved, and there are many reasons to visit the city for its beer scene alone. Whether you’re a seasoned craft beer enthusiast or just looking to try something new, Portland has something to offer for everyone.
1. Home to the world’s largest independent craft brewery, Widmer Brothers.
2. More than 75 craft breweries in the Portland metropolitan area.
3. Portland has the highest number of breweries per capita of any U.S. city.
4. Host of the annual Oregon Brewers Festival, one of the largest and longest-running craft beer festivals in the U.S.
5. Home to some of the world’s most renowned beer makers, including Deschutes, Hair of the Dog, and Cascade Brewing.
6. Portland is the birthplace of American-style IPA.
7. Portland is the home of the nation’s first brewpub, the McMenamins Brothers.
8. Craft beer bars are plentiful and well-stocked.
9. The city is home to numerous beer festivals, events, and special releases.
10. Portland has a vibrant and active beer-loving community.
11. Portland is the home of the Oregon Brewers Guild.
12. Portland has an extensive network of beer-centric restaurants and pubs.
13. The city is home to more than 20 beer-focused festivals and events each year.
14. Portland has an amazing selection of beer-centric stores
15. Portland has a thriving home-brewing community.
16. The city is home to numerous beer-centric food trucks and carts.
17. Portland boasts an impressive array of small-batch beer, ale, and cider.
18. Portland has more than 20 craft breweries in the downtown area alone.
19. Portland is home to numerous beer-themed tours and attractions.
20. The Brewers Association has named Portland the “Beertown USA”.
21. The city is home to a wide variety of beer styles, from IPAs to stouts.
22. Portland is home to numerous experimental beer styles and ingredients.
23. The city is a hub for barrel-aged beer, sour beer, and cask-conditioned ales.
24. Portland is the home of the Oregon Craft Beer Association.
25. The city is home to numerous beer-centric educational events and workshops.
26. Portland has a number of beer-centric award-winning restaurants.
27. The city boasts an impressive array of beer-related festivals and events.
28. Portland is home to numerous beer-centric tours and tasting rooms.
29. The city is home to numerous beer-centric breweries, pubs.
30. Portland is the home of several beer-focused publications and websites.
31. The city is home to numerous beer-related podcasts and radio shows.
32. Portland is the home of the annual North American Organic Brewers Festival.
33. Portland is the home of the Oregon Brewers Conference, an annual event for beer professionals.
34. The city is home to numerous tap takeovers, beer dinners, and beer-pairing events.
35. Portland is home to the Oregon Brewshed Alliance, which promotes beer-friendly land conservation.
36. The city is home to numerous beer-themed running and cycling events.
37. Portland has a thriving homebrew supply community, including homebrew stores and clubs.
38. The city is home to numerous beer-focused educational programs and classes.
39. Portland is the home of the Oregon Brewers Market, a beer-centric farmers’ market.
40. The city is home to a variety of beer-themed competitions and awards.
41. The city is home to the annual Portland International Beer Festival.
42. The city is home to numerous beer-centric bus, walking, and bike tours.